Sunday, October 21, 2012

I was crying

Dad,

You didn't tell mom about anything, right?  If you won't keep a secret, please don't read this letter.

I know you don't want to hear a word about Factions-this or Powers-that, and I'm sorry.

Two days ago, we came across some priests and soldiers of the Power Grozomantius  At first, I thought they were actually Athar. They seemed so silly, carrying around some golden box which could cast illusions.  I couldn't fathom that they honestly believed what they said.  My friends and I took their magic box, and they didn't like it.

Dad, we got in a fight.

I killed one of them.

The strong live, the weak die.  More of the priests would have died if I didn't stand between the priests and my own party members.  Mom taught me this; but is being weak so wrong?  The members of our expedition are crazed and bloodthirsty. I killed, but I didn't really want to kill him.  Why did I pick that fight?  Dad, I didn't try to kill him.  You know how clumsy I can be.

It wasn't until the next day that I could really reflect on what happened.  It was raining hard on us while we traveled and I kept to myself.  When anyone looked at me or shared a word with me, I made sure to nod and smile.  In the rain, nobody knew the difference.  I smiled, and nobody knew the difference.

Buddyo

No comments:

Post a Comment